Ecotourism Australia is pleased to announce that we are sponsoring the ecotourism category in the 2014 Australian Tourism Awards.
The Australian Tourism Awards are Australian tourism industry’s peak Awards, recognising and promoting excellence in tourism. The Awards showcase the winning tourism experiences from each State Tourism Awards. We have been proud to see that over 50% of all eligible finalists are ECO certified, and that all finalists in the Ecotourism category are ECO certified.
The Ecotourism Category aims to recognise ecologically sustainable tourism with a primary focus on experiencing natural areas that foster environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation.
Ecotourism Australia’s CEO, Rod Hillman, will be present at the Awards Ceremony and is looking forward to networking with all finalists on the evening.
Congratulations again to our certified operators in the Ecotourism category:
- Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve – ACT – (Advanced Ecotourism)
- Life’s An Adventure – Blue Mountains Products – NSW – (Ecotourism)
- Sea Darwin Eco Cruises – NT – (Advanced Ecotourism, ROC and Climate Action Business)
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort – QLD – (Advanced Ecotourism, Climate Action Business)
- Rawnsley Park Station Eco Villas – SA – (Advanced Ecotourism, Nature Tourism, Climate Action Business)
- Bruny Island Cruises – TAS – (Advanced Ecotourism)
- Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park – VIC – (Ecotourism)
- Out of Sight Tours – WA – (Advanced Ecotourism, Climate Action Business)