Congratulations to Leadbeater Eco Tours who have achieved Ecotourism certification for their Victorian day tours:
– Yarra Valley Day Tour
– Dandenongs Day Tour
– Healesville Sanctuary and Puffing Billy Day Tour
Leadbeater Eco Tours is named after Victoria’s endangered faunal emblem, the Leadbeater’s Possum. The specialise in friendly eco tours to the Dandenong Ranges and Yarra Valley. Tours include pick-ups, lunch, a dedicated guide and guaranteed small group sizes.
They operate a ‘do no wrong first’ policy and work with Parks Victoria and the Department of Environment and Sustainability to minimise their visitor impact on the natural environment. This includes:
* only ever operating with small group sizes
* being carbon neutral (and indeed carbon positive if possible)
* educating visitors about their impact and ways to reduce it
* provide a revenue source to regions to assist in protecting the natural environment
* giving back and contributing to local programs that are a positive for the regions they operate in (for example tree planting days).
To find out more about Leadbeater Eco Tours visit their website here.
For more information on Ecotourism Australia’s certification and certified operators visit our website.