Bloomfield Lodge in Far North Queensland has joined the Ecotourism Australia marketing consortium Eco Lodges of Australia.
“We are thrilled that Bloomfield Lodge has joined the other Advanced Ecotourism members of ECO lodges of Australia” said Kym Cheatham, CEO, Ecotourism Australia.
“Bloomfield Lodge is a rainforest hideaway located beside two World Heritage sites, with the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef on their doorstop.” Ms Cheatham said.
“One of the most naturally diverse areas on earth, the Daintree Rainforest has remained virtually untouched for millions of years. Home to over a fifth of Australia’s bird species and some of the world’s largest and most striking butterflies, guests to Bloomfield Lodge have the opportunity to discover some of Australia’s most incredible plant, animal and marine life with a guided rainforest walk or a cruise along a jungle fringed river.”
“More and more travellers are looking to make responsible choices in the places they choose to stay and we have a responsibility to help them identify the most environmentally friendly accommodation options.” Ms Cheatham said.
For more information visit: http://www.ecolodgesaustralia.com.au
Members of ECO lodges of Australia are:
- Banubanu Wilderness Retreat, Top End, Northern Territory
- Bell Gorge Wilderness Lodge Kimberley, North West Australia
- Bloomfield Lodge, Far North Queensland
- Bungle Bungle Wilderness Lodge Kimberley, North West Australia
- Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris Top End, Northern Territory
- Corinna Wilderness Experience North West, Tasmania
- Freycinet Eco Retreat East Coast, Tasmania
- Great Ocean Ecolodge Great Ocean Road, Victoria
- Jabiru Safari Lodge, Mareeba, Tropical North Queensland
- Karijini Eco Retreat Pilbara, Western Australia
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
- Mitchell Falls Wilderness Lodge Kimberley, North West Australia
- Paperbark Camp, Jervis Bay, South Coast, New South Wales
- Rawnsley Park Eco-Villas, Flinders Ranges, South Australia
- Roar & Snore Taronga Zoo, Sydney, New South Wales
- Silky Oaks Lodge Daintree, Tropical North Queensland
- Thala Beach Lodge Port Douglas, Tropical North Queensland
- Yelverton Brook Eco-Spa Retreat and Conservation Sanctuary, Margaret River, Western Australia
- Zoofari Lodge Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo, New South Wales
Eco Lodges of Australia offers the ECO conscious traveller responsible, ethical and sustainable ECO experiences in Australia’s most amazing natural locations.
Members of Eco Lodges of Australia have all achieved Advanced Ecotourism certification through Ecotourism Australia’s world recognised ECO Certification scheme
For more information contact:
ABN 92 909 103 274
About Ecotourism Australia:
The Ecotourism Australia vision: “To be leaders in assisting ecotourism and other committed tourism operations to become environmentally sustainable, economically viable, and socially and culturally responsible”.
Ecotourism Australia’s ECO certification program was a world first. The certification provides independent monitoring and auditing of organisations’ ecotourism claims and provides an assurance of best practice ecological sustainability, natural area management and quality ecotourism experiences.
More than 1400 tourism experiences across Australia are certified through at least one of Ecotourism Australia’s programs.
For more information about:
Eco Lodges of Australia please visit: http://www.ecolodgesaustralia.com.au
Ecotourism Australia, please visit http://www.ecotourism.org.au