This is an Australian Government funded initiative under T-QUAL Grants. In partnership with the Department of Resources and Energy and Tourism, Tourism Australia, Parks Australia and the three National Landscapes of Queensland, Tourism Queensland will help operators on the Great Barrier Reef, in the Wet Tropics and in Australia’s Green Cauldron to embrace new trends in experience development.
Travellers around the world are looking for meaningful experiences that connect them to special places, people and cultures. While the Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s most aspirational holiday destinations, feedback from visitors suggests we could do more to truly excite, engage and inspire.
Great Barrier Reef tourism operators have been confronted with increasing competition from cheaper reef destinations, declining visitor numbers, underwhelmed visitors spreading negative word of mouth and negative global press.
Experience Development Forums to help tourism operators on the Great Barrier Reef develop signature experiences will be held in the coming weeks. They give opportunity for participants to:
- Explore the strategic insights, research findings and current worldwide trends in experience development
- Gain practical tools and advice on how to shift from selling a product to giving visitors a memorable experience
- Discover benefits of this shift for your business – increased yield, market share and greater advocacy from visitors
- Be competitive on the global stage and tackle declining visitor numbers
Attendees will walk away with practical tools and ideas to create world class memorable experiences in their business. A number of these ‘ideas’ from the forums will receive support and mentoring over six months to help bring that idea to reality.
Discussion forums will be held and online resources will be available to businesses located in each of Queensland’s National Landscapes.
Join the Experience Development Forums in your region:
- 7 November 2012, Tourism Queensland Head Office – Southern GBR Session
- 14 November 2012, Peppers Coral Coast Resort – Whitsundays & Mackay Session
- Early December 2012 (TBA) – Tropical North Queensland Session
To learn more and register to the forums, please follow the link.