The United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) Business, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Valuing the Earth’s Natural Capital Seminar will be held on Thursday 20 September 2012, in partnership with National Australia Bank.
The seminar brings together key players from business, government and civil society to discuss the challenges and opportunities in measuring the true value of nature and enhancing natural capital as a critical economic, ecological and social asset.
- The Natural Capital Declaration and the finance sector
- Australian Government perspective on natural capital and sustainability: current priorities, measurement and where Australia can make a difference
- Business and biodiversity: valuing natural capital and ecosystem services in practice
- Rosemary Bissett (Head of Sustainability Governance and Risk, Enterprise Risk, National Australia Bank)
- Malcolm Thompson (Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Stuart Anstee (Chief Adviser, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, Rio Tinto)
- Rosemary Sainty (Former Head, Secretariat UN Global Compact Network Australia and Adviser, Corporate Engagement, Transparency International Australia
Registration deadline: 5pm, Monday 17 September 2012
To register online, please follow the link.
If you would like more information about the program, please contact Catherine Sutherland at +613 9670 7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org